Generous people like you help the Macon County Conservation Foundation fulfill its mission to support the Macon County Conservation District and the wildlife, natural areas, and historic sites of Macon County, Illinois.
If you want to fund a unique project or item, consider one of these wish list items that the Macon County Conservation Foundation is striving towards. To provide for a project, contact us at 217-423-7708.
- Rock Springs Conservation Area
- Seed for 30 acres of prairie, $30,000 or $1,000/acre
- Timber Stand Improvement (tree removal), $1,100/acre
- Wetland Plants at Rodney T. Miller Wetland, $800
- Sponsor a summer Natural Resources Intern, $1,000 (with $500 match provided by Izaak Walton League)
- Removal of bush honeysuckle at any conservation area, hand cut and sprayed by contractor, $1,100/acre
- Aquatic nets for students and families to study pond life during educational programs, $500
- Friends Creek Conservation Area
- Accessible parking and walkway at historic Bethel School, $30,500
- Improve the campground with electricity added to nine campsites, $40,000
- Rock Springs-Fairview Bike Trail
- Bridge repairs with embankment and erosion control, $200,000
- Educational and Recreational Opportunities
- Sponsor a part-time naturalist, $5,000/quarter or $1,700/month
- Sponsor a school field trip, $500 for transportation to Rock Springs Nature Center from any school in Macon County
- Summer camp scholarships, $135 will send a child to camp for a week
If you are interested in funding any of these items, contact us at 217-423-7708.